Perth Tango Club: Member Code of Conduct
The Perth Tango Club (the Association) is a not-for-profit club with the following objectives.
To encourage, promote and develop the art and culture of Argentine Tango dancing within the community of Western Australia; and
To provide a facility for the purposes of recreation, amusement, resources and dance practice for the tango community.
All members of the Association shall be bound by this code.
A Members have a right to:
1. be treated fairly, equally and with respect by the Association, its Committee and other members;
2. socialise in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination;
3. privacy and confidentiality concerning records, documentation and any other communication containing a member’s personal information, unless consent is otherwise provided;
4. be informed and actively involved in all club events and offerings; and
5. voice their opinions, requirements and suggestions to the Committee.
B Members must:
1. treat other members, guests, visitors, volunteers, staff, contractors and members of the public fairly, equally and with respect and courtesy;
2. behave responsibly and ensure they conduct themselves in a manner which will not injure the reputation of the Association, its events, organisers, participants or sponsors;
3. not physically or verbally harass others;
4. look after and monitor the behaviour of their guest/s so as not to cause any disruption or discourtesy to any other attendee at an Association event;
5. look after and protect the Association’s property;
6. report any inappropriate behaviour of a member to the Committee for action and follow up;
7. abide by and uphold the Rules of Association and Code of Conduct;
8. notify the Association’s secretary of any changes to address or details;
9. pay any fees in relation to an event, or offering (e.g. tickets or memberships) which that member has committed to, regardless of whether the member attends the event or not;
10. not use their membership privileges to purchase tickets to any event or other offering, at a membership price, for non-members of the Association (except for parties entitled to such prices as nominated from time to time); and
11. if on-selling a ticket to a non-member for an event which the member has booked and paid membership rates for, the non-member price must be paid for by the recipient and the member must forward the difference to the Association.
C Breaches of this Code of Conduct
1. Any member in breach of the terms of this Code of Conduct at an Association event may be asked to leave and will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
2. Inappropriate behaviour of any member will be investigated, discussed and an appropriate course of action taken by the Committee, which may include a reprimand, suspension or revocation of membership.
Perth Tango Club